Crowns and Bridges in Dubbo
All You Need to KnowDamaged or missing teeth spoil your once beautiful smile and can knock your confidence. Unfortunately, ignoring the situation is only likely to cause more serious dental problems. The good news is that we can treat both conditions with state-of-the-art crowns and bridges in Dubbo.
What are dental crowns?
When it comes to dental crowns, Dubbo patients should think of them as a ‘cap’ which fits entirely over a tooth. Our Dubbo dentist uses crowns to:
• Strengthen a tooth following root canal therapy
• Support and secure a dental bridge
• Top a dental implant
• Provide strength to a tooth with limited remaining structure
• Conceal staining and discolouration to a tooth
• Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
• Stop cracks in the teeth from worsening
There is a selection of materials for crowns that our dentist in Dubbo can use to give you the look that you want. These include porcelain, for that translucent tooth-like appearance, through to porcelain fused to metal (PFM) crowns, zirconia crowns, ceramic crowns and gold crowns for strength and durability.
What is a dental bridge?
Reasons for getting a dental bridge in Dubbo
- To close a gap left by a missing tooth/teeth
- To prevent misalignment caused by nearby teeth drifting into the gap
- Improve bite and chew functionality
- Provide a fixed option as opposed to a removable denture
- Give support to facial structures